At Trusted Travel, we have been working hard to create a road map for a COVIDSafe return for our supported holidays, and will be taking a very cautious, careful and staged approach to the return of our supported holidays. This means some holidays and destinations may be back earlier than others as we try to ensure the safety of everyone. Our primary goal is, and always has been, to ensure the safety, health and well-being of our participants and staff.
Whilst to date Trusted Travel have had NO confirmed cases of COVID-19, this does not mean that we will become complacent and we will continue to take all reasonable steps to protect everyone.
We will continue to monitor all government health advice daily, and this will help to frame our decision on whether to travel prior to departure on our supported holiday.
As part of Trusted Travel’s commitment to COVIDSafe operations:
- Activities and businesses part of the Trusted Travel holiday package will have an identified COVIDSafe plan that is reviewed and safely meets the needs of vulnerable participants.
- We will assist to ensure appropriate social distancing of 1.5 metres for participants at all times, including but not limited to when in vehicles, at meal times and during holiday activities.
- Accommodation will allow for at least 4 square metres per person in each room and common area.
- Support and regular encouragement will be provided for regular hand sanitation with soap and water. We will have hand sanitiser available with our staff at all times.
- Health and well-being checks will be undertaken to ensure no unwell participants or staff travel with the group, including a temperature checks prior to departure and whilst on holidays.
- Our staff are appropriately trained in infection control policy and procedures, including risk management relating to COVID-19.
- Adequate PPE will be available for use by staff or participants in case of infection or an identified positive case of COVID-19.
- Appropriate cleaning products will be available for wiping down of hard surfaces and regular touch points as required.
- Staff and participants are encouraged to download COVID-19 app to their personal phone device where possible.
- Staff and participants are encouraged to vaccinate against COVID-19 where possible.
It is not a mandate of Trusted Travel nor The Disability Trust to be vaccinated in order to travel. We will not require proof of vaccination in order for you to travel but we do respect the health orders and how they may impact your time away. If you would like to provide proof of your vaccination, we will accept it and we will support participants to check in and out of public venues if required. Send us a screenshot of your Medicare App or copy of your COVID-19 vaccination record from the National Immunisation Register and we will save it for you.
If you aren’t willing to provide proof, that’s ok too. We will ask you to show your proof of vaccination at the point of check-in and, if this can’t be produced, we will work with you to explore options to travel within public health guidelines. Please note that if we can’t effectively support you in the community due to your vaccination status though, we may have to cancel your booking and you may not be entitled to a refund.
If you have hesitancy about providing proof of vaccination, please contact us for assistance, we’re more than happy to discuss with you how we can move forward and give you that special holiday experience.